Sunday, April 28, 2013

My First Official Chess Tournament

Last weekend I entered my first real chess tournament! There were 130 kids total and 16 in my division. My dad helped me move the pieces as I called the moves out. He messed up three times, but I still did good. I lost my first game but I won the last four putting me in second place. The last game was very fun. Since I got second place my ranking is 670 witch will put me in a new category next time. Below is some pictures of the chat I had with my coach and a picture of my team. What's very cool is our school took first place! They take the top 4 players score add them up and the highest total wins. One of my friends won first place in a different division so that was 5 points then my 4 points, really helped us win. I can't wait for the next tournament. The last picture is from the USCF web page showing my ranking. The next tournament I can use my computer so my dad won't mess me up.









2 comments: