Friday, October 31, 2014

Latin

I'm doing Latin for homeschool because mom said that if you know Latin, you will probably do better on the SAT's to get into college. I also want to know it in case we ever go to Italy to see the Pope, I might know what they are saying in mass. So far l learned; nauta (this is how to say it: nowta) means: salor, agricola (roll the "r" in agricola) means: farmer, sum means: l am, et means: both or and, nōn means: not, cogito means: l think, ergo means: therefore, es means: you are and poēta means: poet.  I'm sorry but l got to admitt that l think I'm better at Latin than my dad!

Can anybody figure out how to say these sentences properly....? Answer is at the bottom.
1. Agricola sum et poēta es.
2. Es cogito et Agricola et nauta.




















1. I am a farmer and you are a poet.
2. I think you are both a farmer and a salor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment