Friday, September 22, 2017

A couple of updates

Well I am finally starting homeschool again now that Caleryn is back in preschool. I'm doing online courses now. The first course I'm taking is economics. Economics is a little hard and I kinda regret saying that I want to do economics over and over again to my mom because when I did the first week, I got confused. My mom seems really impressed that I'm doing all of it by myself. I finally have a good set up for doing work on my own, I don't have everything I need working just right but I'm getting close. Believe me it's not easy when you have to rely on so much to help you get something done. Usually, I always needed help with one thing or another to get school accomplished but with my Surface, Tobii eyegazing, Bluetooth and a clicker botton to control my joystick it's a lot easier. Now if only I had a couple monitors so I don't have to constantly change from one screen to another and a proper desk in my room then I would have the perfect setup. After taking my first test, I've realized that I do still need my moms help to break things down for me and kinda explain what the teacher just talked about. Teachers always go too fast for me! I've decided to work it like my dad does with his school and take one class at a time so I can really grasp everything and then take another class instead of taking multiple classes at the same time. It takes me all day to get through one lesson but that's okay...im doing it by myself!!

I just started youth group also and so far I like it. They don't have it every week more like every other week. You would think I went to a mega church with the size of my old confirmation and youth groups at St. Anthony because it was so huge. But here, it's just a lot smaller and intimate. The first week was about getting to know the group leaders and doing games. There were about thirteen people there for the Lifeteen. Which was the size of my old confirmation group (note there were about 15-20 different groups) to give you perspective. So it' a lot smaller! The second week we went inside, watched a video and did bible study. The people seem really nice so far and very helpful. Since the church is pretty old and not very accessible, they help me get into class. The good news is that dad finally got into our storage unit and found my other ramps so we can use that for now on. 

Power soccer is getting into the groove again and my dad gave the team some awesome news that we have some grant money to use for the team and he is going to be ordering everybody proper metal guards and brackets for everyone's chair and goal posts. The team was pretty excited to move into a more competitive direction. Not only will the metal guards be safer for the chairs but you can actually play better too, rather than using plastic guards. The team also has money for travel expenses but we aren't that good yet...that will take some time!

And finally, all my therapy (physical, speech, occupational) has started up again since moving here. So, my blogs are probably going to start being a little more sparse since everything is kicking back into gear now. I'm finally starting to feel a little more settled here.

I'm adding some oddball pictures from our second camping trip just for fun.



















No comments:

Post a Comment