Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The F-5 Power Chair

About two months ago I went to a power chair eval to start the process in getting a new power chair for me. The coolest things about the F-5 power chair is that it can stand up and lay back so I can rest my back and I can sit in it and raise myself eye level to other people standing. The guy who was giving my parents information about the chair said that it could tip over if I drive on an angled surface while it's in standing mode.  I think that I am going to have a little trouble driving it because it is front wheel drive. Although,  I was driving it pretty well inside the building.  Another thing that is really cool is that I will be able to be a little more independent and not have to rely on someone to help me get in the stander, I can just stand whenever I want all day. One of the problems about getting that chair is that it wouldn't fit in my mom's car,  we would have to buy a van and my mom absolutely dislikes the look of a vans.  It also weighs 450 pounds, 100 pounds heavier than the chair I'm in now! I really hope that I don't run over a foot when I have it,  that would hurt! 

P. S. This is the first blog I did on my new surface using the eye gazing!  It took me just a hour and a half to write this blog with my eyes instead of my knuckles! This is definitely a lot faster than the usual 4 hrs.



1 comment:

  1. Cameron that chair is awesome. Also I'm glad your eye gazer computer is working now. I love to read your blogs.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete