Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Exploring the mountains

This weekend we took a drive to explore what cool places are by the mountains. The first place we went to was a state park. During the drive, we saw a bear cave in a mountain. My parents were tricking Caleryn into thinking that the bear would come all the way down the mountain just to get her. Sometimes my parents can be a little mean. After we already paid to get in, we learned that it was pretty much a mountain hiking park. Once we got to a certain trail, my dad wanted to go and see the pond. After walking for about ten minutes we saw a sign along the dirt trail saying that the pond was two miles away. So my mom and me started to head back to the car while Caleryn, Chewy and my dad kept on walking to the pond. On the way back, I had to drive my chair slowly in front of my mom so she can hold onto the back of it so she don't trip and fall when we were going up or down a hill. After waiting fifteen minutes for the three stooges to come back, they were all huffing and puffing because of the altitude. We were 9000 feet above sea level! My dad said that Chewy had the most fun because she was jumping all over creation. The next stop we made was at the sasquatch store in another town. All I bought is a t-shirt of the sasquatch on the front of it. Meanwhile, Caleryn wanted a fishing pole. My dad was a little iffy about buying one for her since the last fishing pole got thrown away because she used it as a weapon instead of actually fishing. I was hoping my dad wouldn't get that for her inside my head because my head was the primary target but, my dad bought it anyway. That sounds horrible but it really doesn't hurt, even though she still got in trouble after about 10 minutes of us getting back into the car my parents got onto her for hitting me in the face on purpose and took it right back away! Lately Caleryn has been super nice to me and it's kinda weird but it is also awesome too. Maybe she's finally starting to look up to me like I'm special or something like that. Anyway, next we stopped at a motorcycle/beer joint. It was actually pretty good. My dad and I shared a burger with a fried egg and sweet bacon. Those two toppings were the best because the egg yoke would drip down right where I took a bite and it was just purely salty goodness. And the bacon was the bomb! My dad thought it was too sweet but from my opinion, I thought it was perfect! So far the food in Colorado has been pretty good, either that or we've just gotten lucky. The last thing we did before we went back to the apartment is go look at houses up on the Mountains. As we were looking, I know that I will probably never ride my bike here because I can totally see myself riding downhill too fast and then I panic and can't hit the break in time and fall off the mountain and die. It is probably going to be a good year before we have a house. If we can't find a house on the market, then we'll just build one. The three things that I want the house to have if we do build one is a big basement just for me, an elevator, and an accessible bathroom that I can park my fat chair into, so my parents don't have to walk me into the bathroom. The first person to wear out for the day was my dad. The funny thing is that my dad foretold at the beginning of the day that my mom would be the first one to wear out. Then we finally went to the apartment. Hopefully my parents will find some activities that are accessible for me because I was a little disappointed that I couldn't do anything when we went to the park. 























No comments:

Post a Comment