Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Little Setback

It all started two nights before the day l was confirmed Catholic. I was having a small seizure that night and my left leg was having muscle spasms, I was trying to get my parents attention and I fell off of my bed and hit my top lip on the metal footplate on my F-Five power chair. My dad came in my room and put me back to bed. Now you have to understand that I don't really remember any of this after it happened, I was later told. I fell back to sleep and around 12:30am started having a big seizure (bigger than I've ever had). I fell off the bed again! My dad came in and tried to help me them my mom came in. This was definitely a different experience than I've ever had. My whole body was spastic and my teeth were clenched so hard. My mom and dad noticed that my body was going limp and I wasn't breathing or was way too shallow and my mom started calling 911. Then the next thing that I remember happening is getting into the ambulance and driving off to the hospital. The physician was really nice. Once I got to the hospital, they wanted to do a CT scan on my brain. They also wanted to do a chest x-ray to make sure I didn't aspirate or swallow any vomit in my lungs. Luckily, the x-ray showed that I didn't. After that, they gave me a I.V which is my least favorite part because I have to get poked but, every time after they do that I feel so much better because I have a lot more fluids in my body. All the tests came back okay but my oxygen levels was really low, not sure if this is because of the altitude or not but I might need to start taking oxygen. I think I'm going to have to get a g-button as well just because it's even more important that I get enough fluids in this altitude. I've been off my seizure medicine for a little over a year and haven't really had one until now so the dr. recommended that I start taking them again which sucks but I guess needed. My face didn't look too good for confirmation because I had some rug burns and a big fat lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment