Thursday, May 11, 2017

Going on a train ride/Going to the Denver Zoo

Since my dad and I aren't going to be home on Mother's day weekend because I'm getting confirmed, we wanted to celebrate Mother's day by going on a train ride in Georgetown. The town was really kinda neat because it looked like a town on the northeastern coast. Aparantly, it was established back in the 1800's because we saw the dates on some of the buildings. I think there may be a convent or something there because we saw a few nuns as well. We didn't really see too much on the train ride, all we saw was streams and mountains. I think that the train ride in Alaska was a lot better because there were more sites to look at and of course we stopped at the gold mine to pan for gold. After the train ride, my dad saw a nice size lake on the side of the road and of course we had to stop so he could drop a line in the water. Caleryn wanted to go too but my mom kept on telling her not to go because it was too cold outside and she had a tank top and shorts on. That's what's funny about living here, it's 80 degrees in Denver then when you go up in the mountains it's like 20-30 degrees colder. Caleryn of course didn't listen and went outside anyway. Five minutes later she came back to the car because she was too cold! When she got into the car, she started whining and running around like she had to pee. Then Caleryn got all quiet and squatted down and peed in her pants in moms car!! She had to take off her pants and put on my new shirt that I just bought from the train store to cover her up. All this wouldn't have happened if my dad didn't need to always stop to go fishing, however it made him happy because he caught one. But to me it was kinda funny to see my sister do that instead of me because I am usually the one who pees in his pants, especially when my dad starts making me laugh!  I'm starting to get a little worried about him because he's really becoming a professional at it. On the next day after church, we went to the Denver Zoo. It is much nicer than the Houston Zoo. My mom was happy because they had her favorite creepy animal, a hyena, because she always makes fun of the sounds they make. My favorite animal to see was the bears because one bear was lying on a rock while the other bear was walking back and forth like he was guarding his mate or, the mate was telling him to do his exercises. We only explored half of the zoo because my parents were getting tired and we had to go shopping at Target afterwards. My mom really liked the train, I think she just enjoys the scenery. Maybe we will go on a more exciting train ride next time since there are so many around here.
































































No comments:

Post a Comment