Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Renaissance Festival/This year's Fourth of July

Well its been a while since my last blog post and we have gone to a couple of places. We went to the Renaissance Festival down by Colorado Springs and then to Boulder Colorado for Fourth of July to check it out. The Renaissance Festival was a little bit different than it is in Houston. The place was not as nearly accessible as the Renaissance Festival in Houston because it was literally on the side of A MOUNTAIN! There wasn't as many stone roads either.  They were only stone roads by the entrance not along all of stores like Houston had. It was also very hilly. My mechanical wheelchair had a very hard time getting a firm grip because it kept on wanting to go down the hill. So I had to constantly fight my chair to go the other way. Sometimes my dad had to push the chair to the side because just trying to fight the hill with my joystick isn't enough. There was also a lot of tree roots all over the hilly ground which made it more difficult as well. I saw some other older folks that had to use scooters and wheelchairs and I was just thinking to myself how hard it must be for them too. Anyway there was one store that interested me but before we were able to cross over to the other side, we were stopped by a parade. Caleryn of course loved seeing the princesses go by and the King and Queen. When we got to the store I bought a cross necklace. For some reason Caleryn got a princess tiara even though she was acting really bad that day. We had the best corn on the cob, sausage on a stick and turkey leg. After dad took Caleryn on a couple rides we started making our way back to the car. We most likely would of stayed longer but it was too tiring trying to just get around. We got our annual Renaissance experience and were satisfied!

That same weekend, we drove to Boulder. I don't remember much about going to Boulder but my mom thought the town was cute. This Fourth of July, I didn't really participate but there were a lot of fireworks. How do I know? My parents told me, apparantly you can watch them from our patio and see all of Denver! Mom said it looked like there was bombs going off all over the city and we were being attacked. I don't like to go on the patio because my chair is too heavy and I feel like the porch might collapse. So I think I missed out on this year's Fourth of July. Hopefully next year I will pay more attention. 














No comments:

Post a Comment