Thursday, April 17, 2014

Baclofen Pump Issues

The 4 weeks ago, my baclofen pump started acting up.  I started getting really itchy, my body wouldn't stop shaking, I had a fever, I couldn't sleep and my heart was racing like crazy.  So the next day we went to the emergency room at the hospital where I got my pump put in. While at the hospital I still felt hot and my hands were still jittery. The doctors gave me some medicine that helped me a little. My baclofen doctor (Franky) said that I was ready to go home but she looked at the x-Ray and saw I was so constipated and full of poo. It freaked me out!! The pump makes you constipated. When I got home I started to feel worse. Franky thinks that the baclofen pump was too low on dosage so, she increased it too much. The next day after she increased the dosage and gave me medicine to go potty better and medicine for dehydration. I was as floppy as a ragdoll and couldn't stay awake. A couple of days later, Franky decreased the dosage a little bit and finally got the dosage just right. Now I'm better!

Writing Assignment #4 

No comments:

Post a Comment