Saturday, July 12, 2014

Homeschool field trip#2

Today we've got up early for horseback riding but, the highway that we usually drive on is closed because the construction workers are building a bridge. After I ate my breafast, we had a little meeting on what to do. The choices were ether to do nothing all day and I play video games or go to the George H.W. Bush Library in College Station, Tx. I picked the library. It was a long time before we got there because dad drove like a tourist. When we got there I learned that George was a soldier in World War II and he was in a plane that just bombed a Japanese island. That same day he was flying and his plane got shot down by Japenese so he ejected out of his plane with a parachute into the ocean. The Japanese were coming after him in the water and all the sudden he saw periscopes coming up from the water.  It turned out to be USS Finback.  He was saved!! When we all saw all of the cool artifacts there, we left. While we were driving to get something to eat, we saw Texas A&M and all of the different things that I could take. It was like a town! All and all, I had fun and I learned a lot.












No comments:

Post a Comment