Monday, February 15, 2016

Baclofin pump issuses

It all started more than a week ago when l was having a baclofen pump withdrawal. I hate when this happens because my hand and feet get all clammy and it's hard to calm down and I'm just tight all over too and very itchy. What's interesting when I had the withdrawal this time; was that I wasn't sick during it, which usually I'm sick when I have a withdraw. My mom was all weirded out because it was happening AGAIN. I also just got a bump up the day before and an X-ray and blood taken when I went in for a refill from Dr. Dy but after four hours or so, I wasn't calming down and getting looser, so my mom gave me some baclofen pills.  The next day my mom decided to take me to the E.R for a CT with dye scan to look if there's any issues with the baclofen pump. I was still drowsy from the oral baclofen pills when we got to the E.R. Anyway some of the doctors and nurses knew me there. The doctors wanted to put an iv on my right arm to take more blood out of me to see if there's baclofen even flowing through my body. Which there was baclofen in my blood. The worst part about taking blood this time, was the placement of the iv. The iv was in my right forearm and I couldn't bend it and when I did bend my arm, it would hurt. But that wasn't the worst part of whole trip to Houston; the worst part was when I went to do the cat scan with dye because the doctors couldn't figure out where was the entrance of my baclofen pump was at! So they kept poking me and to make it worse I was already tender because of the pump refill. Eventually the doctors asked for help from Dr. Curry's (the doctor who put my pump in) assistants to figure it out and they did. Before I went home, the nurse told me that I had to pee, which took me forever before I was finally able to go, because I was starving in Er all day. For some reason I always take forever to go to the bathroom in the hospital. My mom noticed that I eat faster and eat more too and I'm typing faster after I got discharged. I'm about as fast as my mom. Anyway that whole trip was an experience and painful. Now I am feeling a lot better. Sorry, no pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment