Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Strike Force Chair is Awesome!!! πŸ˜œπŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽ―πŸ’ΊπŸ’΅♿️

The first time I practice in my new Strike Force chair, l SUCKED at driving it. I looked like l was a drunk driver because when I drove forward the chair constantly swerved left and right! But soon after practicing in it for a few days. l was sorta better at controlling it. When I first got the chair, we ordered a seat that was meant for a big guy in a little chair, like a huge man in a little chair!! I would sit on one side of the chair so that I could reach the controller. It was kinda funny looking! So we had to get them to send another seat that would fit me better. 

On Wednesday, my dad took a vacation day and we drove to Burton, Tx for a powersoccer exhibition at the summer camp for kids with muscular dystrophy. It was the first time I got to really practice in the new chair. I didn't get a goal but I was really surprised that I didn't accidentally hit someone! Where we played was a pretty tight area I was always worried I might hit some legs. We got to play some of the dr.s from Texas Children's who were at the camp, but I didn't really recognize any of them. My fellow teammate Stephen gave me and my dad some really good tips and ideas to help control the chair a little better. He also told my dad how to program the chair without having to buy a programmer. There were a lot of different options that we could change. My dad tweaked it a little bit; he made the deadband for the joystick higher for my crazy/shaky arm and he bumped up the forward speed too. My dad probably needs to tweak it some more later on and test it out but he can't do that now because it keeps on raining! So far the new chair has helped a lot, especially doing spin kicks and maybe I'll get good at controlling the ball and the chair with more practice.








No comments:

Post a Comment