Thursday, March 16, 2017

My new mechanical wheelchair/I officially have the F-Five power chair

The mechanical chair is going to be used to go to restaurants and confirmation class. What's convenient about the new chair is that I can drive it and it's light enough so my Mom can lift it (kinda) into the car. Another cool thing is that it can fold up and be put into a rolling bag (for traveling on a plane. I feel safer in this chair rather than my old red push chair because I'm not so worried about tipping the chair over when I startle. In fact, we did a test to see if I even startle at all when we ate at Mamacitas and I didn't, even when somebody accidentally dropped a plate on the floor. I got used to the mechanical wheelchair pretty fast because it drives like my Strike Force power chair. Meanwhile, the F-Five power is a beast!! The power chair took me a few weeks to get used to because I kept on hitting the walls with the back handles, so my dad took them off. After that, it was so much easier to drive it around the house. I still think that I'm definitely going to have trouble maneuvering around the apartment. The guy who brought the chair to me said that it can go up to seven miles per hour! I haven't gone full speed yet but I'm sure that I will freak out once I do. My favorite part about the chair is that it came with a tray so I can eat while standing up and I can adjust it diangly for my iPad. Another cool thing about the chair is that I can wake up in the morning, get into it and either lay back or even better, stand it up, so my movements will go away. Unfortunately, I can't do the getting into the chair part because the seat is a lot higher than my old power chair. So I have to call my mom and I sometimes hate doing that. That is only problem about the F-Five power chair and it is ginormous. The way i would get into my old power chair was probably not the prettiest but it worked. I would get out of bed, crawl to my chair, get into kneeling position, grab onto the arm rest for stability, and then stood up and sat down. All and all the F-Five power chair and the mechanical wheelchair are very helpful to me and to my parents, they are going to make our lives a lot easier and I'm grateful for that!!




No comments:

Post a Comment