Monday, March 20, 2017

My physical therapist, Allen

Allen has been my physical therapist for about two and a half years now. He has been my all time favorite physical therapist because he was not just a physical therapist but a good friend. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to knowing what tricks I'm going to do next. Sometimes it can be annoying but it is better to do the exercises the right way instead of cheating. The exercises he makes me do isn't the ordinary "baby exercises" that all therapist try either, these are hard because I actually have to move around, like walking in my walker outside on the grass or riding my bike around the neighborhood. Most of the exercises is a magnification of some kind of movement to walking. What was really cool, and I've mentioned it before, but he helped me swim with new under water headgear with out my floaties. He taught me how to relax my breathing and stay calm under water. He's kinda like the therapy whisperer. He always trains new therapists and when they aren't doing things correctly, he will calmly instruct them how to change things up so that I don't fall. Allen is also a funny guy. He likes to say the word "dude" when I do something wrong. It is funny to me and my mom because of the way he says it. The sad thing is that I won't have therapy with him anymore because of the move to Colorado. Hopefully I will have a therapist like Allen up there once my parents get everything situated.

No comments:

Post a Comment