Friday, August 25, 2017

Going to visit the family in Nebraska part 3

     On the way back from power soccer camp we stopped at a few places before we got back home. First, I have to tell you that we stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and as my dad was getting me out of the truck, my G-tube ripped out of my stomach because I was still attached to the feeding thing. He was of course rushing because he had to go pee really bad and forgot to check it. I tried to tell him but it was to late. I swear that he's just like his mother. They both have pea sized bladders! After my dad ripped the G-tube out of my stomach, he sat left me in the front car seat without the seatbelt on and the door hanging open and went into the restaurant to go get mom for help. First off, does he not know me and know that I startle with loud noises and could of fallen out of the truck? Hello? When they came back and my mom saw the damage that had been done, she didn't really know how to put it back in because the doctor didn't demonstrate it yet for her to know. Then my dad swooped in, brainstormed for a little bit and saved the day. Luckily I was okay. In fact, I thought it was funny when l looked back at it once we sat down at a table. The part that was not funny is how it felt when the G-tube came out. It was a major pull. While we were waiting for our food, Vicki texted my dad and told him to take our time. Then my dad responded back by saying, "Yea, I probably should I just ripped the G-tube out of my kid". We all laughed at that. After we ate we started heading towards the town of Griswold in Idaho.

     When we first started passing through the town, my first thoughts about it was very old and rustic, especially all of the buildings. My mom went into a store looking for shirts for Papa and I. Then we stopped in Red Oak to see the house where my Papa and his brother and two sisters grew up. Finally, we stopped by the cemetery where Granddad was buried at Elliott. My dad got out of the truck to see if he can find Granddad's grave before he got me out of the truck and put me into my mechanical wheelchair. My mom of course had to help him because he's so blind! Once we found his grave site and I went over there, I saw two generations of Broyles, Archie Broyles and Granddad right besides each other. My dad said that the military came to his funeral because he was in the military. Archie was in the military too, back in World War I. My dad was the only one of all of us who went to his funeral. So it was pretty cool getting to see Granddad's grave and Archie's grave along the way to Lincoln. I bet they were both very happy and was smiling down from heaven when we came to the cemetery. We said a little prayer for them and we were back on the road.

     When we finally got to Lincoln, Nebraska and parked the truck at Vicki's house, my dad had to walk me in because there was stairs. Once I got inside their house, my dad sat me down in a regular chair. As I was waiting for my dad to bring the mechanical wheelchair up the stairs, my mom and I was talking to Vicki, Valerie, Leah and Tara. Vicki called Rowen and Wyatt to come and meet me. Leah said to my mom that Rowen was the one who is crazy and Wyatt is the calm one. Rowen reminded my mom and I of Caleryn a little bit. If she had been there with us, she would've dumped the basket full of toys in the living room and then spread it all over the place! Anyway, about fifteen minutes later my dad showed up with my chair. When dinner was ready I pulled up to the table while mom got food for me. Once everyone got settled, Leah was the star of the show, she's hilarious! Most of the dorky things that she said was in one ear and out the other, even though I laughed. The only thing that I do remember Leah saying was that her mother-in-law collects creepy baby dolls and has them all over her house. I laughed so hard that I almost choked on my food. I should have asked Leah if she thinks her mother-in-law has Slappy the Dummy from the movie Goosebumps but I didn't. After I was done eating and we had a nice visit, we said bye to all of them and we went to a hotel to stay in for the night.

    The next day we didn't stop at anywhere cool. Although we stopped and got a bite to eat twice. It was a very boring drive. My mom and i started to break down after hours of driving. That was when we ate for the second time. After we all ate we were in a better mood. We were very uncomfortable and tired of being on the road. Once we finally got home I could not wait to get into my F-5 power chair. I was very glad to finally be home, even though it is small but at least we are all comfortable.

     I had a great time at Vicki and Valerie's house. I think we all did. The drive really sucks but it's nice to be able to stop and see family. There were lots of laughs in the mix too. We are definitely going there every year after I go to power soccer camp. Hope to play better next year too.















No comments:

Post a Comment