Monday, April 11, 2016

Boots past away

Boots was my first official dog. He was the secondary protector and a vacuum cleaner of the house. I remember when he was younger, he found a huge non poisonous snake in our backyard. He wasn't a good cuddle dog though but he was a good protector. Sandals was the ultimate cuddle dog (but we don't have her anymore). He used to love playing with Sandals, but she never adjusted to our new home when we moved, so we gave her to a friend. He used to always bark at the squirrels, I think he hated them because they lived so high in the trees and he could never get to them but one day he finally caught one! I don't know if he killed it or not but he seemed proud of catching it and carrying it to our back door. He would also bark at the raccoons that came around in the middle of the night to try to eat his food. And he was always barking at people at our door. Most times mom wouldn't hear the door bell but she would come ask me if someone was at the door because she would hear Boots barking. He was sometimes annoying but overall he was a pretty good dog. Everytime we went to Nanna's house, her dog Trudy would always try to nip at me and Boots would come and protect me against Trudy. Boots died because he had stones in his bladder and he was having kidney trouble so he couldn't go urinate. I think he was in so much pain that he just stopped eating and drinking. We took him to the veternarian but it was already too late, so they had to put him down. Boots was twelve years old when he died. And the funny thing is, my mom was the one who couldn't stop crying for a few days when he died, not Caleryn or me either. My mom was probably the person who mostly yelled at him because he was always biting her ankles begging for food or barking at someone outside or maybe because he would pee in the house because Caleryn would always shut the back door so he couldn't go potty. Boots is probably saying "Great, I get to see Trudy now." up in heaven. They used to always fight. I think he is at peace now. Caleryn keeps asking for him but she doesn't fully understand that he's with Jesus now.








No comments:

Post a Comment